When I first heard about Random Acts of Kindness Day, I was completely inspired and knew I just HAD to do it. So, I took advantage of having my boys home for a week for Spring Break and checked it off my Promise Me List. :)
So, here's the list of Random Acts of Kindness that we completed:
- Paid for the elderly gentleman in the drive-thru behind us at Dunkin Donuts
- Left an Easter Egg Hunt for someone to find at the park
- Brought muffins to our Fire Station (and received an in-depth look at a fire engine and all of the equipment they use to help people - bonus!)
- Left quarters on toy machines at Winn Dixie and Dollar Tree (and I witnessed a Random Act of Kindness! A child found the packet with four quarters and asked his Dad if he could have them and the Dad replied, "Yes, you can have one, but we will leave the rest for other people to find later." It was a ripple effect! So cool!)
- "Hid" dollar bills in the toy section at the Dollar Tree for kids to find
- Held doors open for people
- Let people go in front of us in line
- Picked up trash
- Handed out balloons to every kid we saw
If you are in need of a smile, create your own Random Acts of Kindness Day!
This was incredibly simple, required very little time and money and was SO rewarding.
In all honesty, I can't WAIT to do this again and plan on adding more ideas to execute again this year.
So, what are some Random Acts of Kindness that inspire you?